Increase Printing Profits by Managing Safty Risks
Increase Printing Profits by Managing Safety Risks
The profitability of a printing company isn’t determined solely by print volume. The safety and health of your employees is a leading factor affecting the financial strength and competitive advantage of your company. Other factors determining whether income is applied to the profit or expense column on your company’s balance sheet include the management of hazardous materials, reducing errors and omissions, and keeping buildings, machinery, and premises safe.
Consider the following:
- A minor fluid leak from a web press develops into a major slip and fall hazard for employees and visitors passing by the press.
- During a routine setup of a folder and shear, an employee fails to lock out the equipment.
- Rather than switching a press to inch mode to wipe down the blanket and rollers, an employee of the press team performs this process at a low production speed.
- During the pre-press, print and post-press stages of a large job, very little quality control is exercised. The customer catches numerous errors in the print copy. The printer absorbs the cost(s) of its initial print and reprint of replacement copy.
- Racking is installed without being secured to the wall and floor. Damage to a corner post by a forklift causes the racking to collapse.
By being diligent in preventing employee and customer injuries, as well as property damage, you will help minimize accidents and help to reduce your insurance costs.
Sentry insureds have access to Sentry @ Your Services, a secure online resource that provides access to risk management, online training and other resources for printers. Sentry specializes in the printing industry – they get it and know what you need. When you insure your business with Sentry, you’ll work with an experienced team of professionals specially trained in printing exposures. Sentry’s sales, underwriting, safety and claims specialists know and understand your business.
NAPL has proudly endorsed Sentry as the preferred provider for quality property, casualty, life and retirement products for printers since 1982.
For additional information, please call Sentry at 1-800-295-6919, send them an email by utilizing their online contact feature or visit www.sentry.com.