Twelve Industry Leaders Named 2014 Inductees To AMSP/NAPL/NAQP Soderstrom Honors Society
Annual AMSP/NAPL/NAQP industry recognition event slated for Sept. 27
at the University of Chicago Downtown Gleacher Center
East Rutherford, N.J. (July 21, 2014)―Twelve graphic communications industry leaders will be inducted into the AMSP/NAPL/NAQP Soderstrom Society at ceremonies in Chicago on Sept. 27. Named for Walter E. Soderstrom, one of the founders of NAPL, the Soderstrom Society is an honors organization that recognizes the contributions of industry leaders, including printing company owners, industry supplier executives, educators, journalists, and consultants. This year’s inductees represent a wide variety of industry segments, from equipment, materials, and services suppliers to printers, mailers, and marketers.
“We are pleased to present this impressive slate of Soderstrom Society inductees, who have distinguished themselves in their fields and are very worthy of the honor,” says Joseph P. Truncale, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of AMSP/NAPL/NAQP, the new association created this year through the merger of the Association of Marketing Service Providers, National Association for Printing Leadership, and National Association of Quick Printers. The following have been named members of the Soderstrom Society Class of 2014:
- William “Buzz” Apostol, Vice President of Sales-Americas, Pantone/X-Rite, Carlstadt, N.J.
- Fred DeBolt, Vice President/General Manager, Graphic Communications Business Group, Xerox Corporation, Webster, N.Y.
- Gary Dolgins, Director of Sales & Marketing, Blanchard Systems/Dalim, New Orleans, La.
- Tom Duchene, President, TDMS, Inc., Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Guy Gecht, Chief Executive Officer, EFI, Foster City, Calif.
- Tim Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Impact Proven Solutions, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Michael Mugavero, Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director, United States and Canada, manroland, Westmont, Ill.
- Tom O’Connor, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mohawk Fine Papers, Cohoes, N.Y
- Dale Park, President, Action Graphics Inc., Lincoln Park, N.J.
- Steve Portrude, President, Harwell-Express Press, Lawrenceville, N.J.
- Mac Rodgers, President and Chief Executive Officer, World Marketing, Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Paul Strack, President, Custom XM, North Little Rock, Ark.
“We are proud to add these outstanding industry executives to the list of eminent men and women that make the Soderstrom Society the industry’s most illustrious organization,” notes Truncale. “Over the years, Soderstrom Society members have made significant contributions to the growth and advancement of our industry in innumerable ways and membership in the Society is a mark of distinction in every area of graphic communications.”
Presentation of the Soderstrom Award and Soderstrom Society induction ceremonies will take place at the annual Soderstrom Awards Dinner on Saturday, September 27, 2014, the evening before the start of GRAPH EXPO. The gala event, conveniently located in downtown Chicago at the beautiful University of Chicago Gleacher Center overlooking the Chicago River, will be catered by renowned Wolfgang Puck Catering. One of the industry’s most elegant evenings, the Soderstrom Award Dinner has, for more than half a century, not only served to offer well-earned recognition for industry leaders, but also to bring together old friends and new from all corners of the graphic communications industry.
Companies who wish to support the event or honor one of the Society inductees may reserve a table sponsorship for $5,000, which includes a table of 10 for the evening and table signage; sponsorship of a half-table of five is also available for $2,5000. Sponsorship inquiries should be directed to Marty Maloney of Broadford & Maloney Inc. at (203) 912-0804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual tickets to the 2014 Soderstrom Awards Dinner are available at $195 per person. For individual tickets, please contact Donna Komlo at (800) 642-6275, Ext. 6345, or email@example.com. Connect on Twitter to get involved in the Soderstrom conversation! Follow @NAPLconnect with the hashtag #soderstrom.