What’s in Your Way – Part 1
Talking with owners and CEO’s on a weekly basis and these are some of the things that keep them up at night:
- New sales cycle dynamic – Does our sales process align with how buyers buy today?
- Salesperson business acumen and client knowledge – Frankly, is it where it needs to be in today’s marketplace? Many questions here.
- Morphing to new product or service channels? As a business leader, how should you support your changing sales effort? Are you trying to start a parallel sales effort?
- New talent – what do they look like, where to look for them, how to attract them and most importantly – how to keep them!
- What to do with legacy sales talent? What role can they play – account management, business development or highly compensated CSR?
Questions to be asked prior to your next sales meeting:
- How many of your sales reps are at or above their sales projections?
- Are you winning the business that you should win?
- Based on what you are selling, do your reps have the correct skills and business acumen to properly position your business to succeed?
- How has what you’re selling today changed from 3-5 years ago and have you made the necessary internal support changes to accommodate those changes?
- What does your current sales recruiting strategy look like? How is it working? When did you hire your most recent sales rep, where did they come from and how did you recruit them?
- Do you currently have sales reps that have transitioned to an account management role and have not been effective on new business development (unless it was a referral)?
I’m sure that I missed something. If this is what you’re hearing let’s discuss what’s in your way of making the changes your business needs – firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-523-6302. I look forward to hearing from you.